Error when calling SessionStore.setBrowserState() in Windows

I get an error when running the following code in an addon in Windows and execution fails. I do not get the error on OS X, and the function executes properly.

Code:

let state = '{"windows":[{"tabs":[{"entries":[{"url":"about:blank"}]}]}]}'
SessionStore.setBrowserState(state);

Error is:

15:14:08.434 TelemetryStopwatch: key "FX_SESSION_RESTORE_RESTORE_WINDOW_MS" was already initialized  1 TelemetryStopwatch.jsm:52:0

I get the same error when trying to run the same code in scratchpad. In addition I get the following:

15:14:08.435 TypeError: access to strict mode caller function is censored  1 tulib.js line 99 > eval:3:0
15:14:08.437 [Exception... "[JavaScript Error: "access to strict mode caller function is censored" {file: "chrome://tabutils/content/tulib.js line 99 > eval" line: 3}]'[JavaScript Error: "access to strict mode caller function is censored" {file: "chrome://tabutils/content/tulib.js line 99 > eval" line: 3}]' when calling method: [nsISessionStore::setBrowserState]"  nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)"  location: "JS frame :: Scratchpad/1 :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 15"  data: yes]  1 scratchpad.js:1006:7

Any ideas as to why?

1 Like

I just copied pasted that code and it worked fine, I’m using Win81.

Is that error you’re getting blocking? Like does it prevent future execution?

I tried a different profile, it is works fine. Thanks.