Error opening browser toolbox of web extension

[Exception… “Component returned failure code: 0x804b0014 (NS_ERROR_NET_RESET) [nsIInputStream.available]” nsresult: “0x804b0014 (NS_ERROR_NET_RESET)” location: “JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/security/socket.js :: onInputStreamReady :: line 298” data: no]

I am getting the above error on some of the window machines (tried with windows 10 & windows server 2012 R2) on opening browser toolbox. This issue does not reproduce on all the machines. This issue really hampers my developer experience as i am not able to use dev boxes for developing extensions on firefox. This issue can be seen on latest releases firefox (firefox 50 beta) as well as on nightly builds.

I see similar issues being reported on firefox with version as early as 37 (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1146414).

I think I know that error. I’ve never really read through the text, but is the entire window blank with a white box covering most of it and the above message printed in unformatted black text at the top of it, and you are not asked to allow the remote debugger? If yes, then this is probably the same message.

This issue really hampers my developer experience

I have never seen this issue even twice in a row. If I close the failed window and open it again, Is always works for me. It’s a bit annoying, but definitely not hampering my experience. There are much bigger problems when debugging Firefox (e.g. Firefox breaking on invisible breakpoints and completely blocking up, until you kill it -.-).

Yikes lol

Please note that this issue is happening continuously for me. I have tried all sort of workarounds like restarting the machine, trying opening browser console multiple times, restarting browser. I am just not able to use browser console on some of the windows machines. Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

After searching through web, i found the a bug already reported on mozilla portal. This bug was closed no reproducible. As mentioned in the bug, incoming connection popup does appear on some of the windows boxes.

Yeah ok, that certainly makes it hampering.

Any chance that some stupid antivirus software is interfering with the IPC connection?