Error flashing 20140806 image

While trying to flash the 20140806 image, my tablet stuck in fastboot mode…

./flash-flatfish.sh .     
Start the flash-flatfish.sh procedure.

--- Image files checking ---
Good, image files are in position now.

--- Check to see if the adb works properly (for Android 4.2 and above) ---
'adb' works fine.

--- Check to see if the flatfish device is ready ---
Oh, the flatfish device is not there, or is not turned on in a mode where 'adb' can be used.

--- Let's see if it's already in the fastboot mode ---
./flash-flatfish.sh: line 170: fastboot: command not found
Error: Fastboot mode is not detected. Check to see if the device is not turned on.
*Note: If it is powered but both 'adb' and 'fastboot' could not work, please check to see if the device has become brick. (Bug 1026963)

Please advise.

While trying to flash the 20140806 image, my tablet stuck in fastboot mode…

./flash-flatfish.sh .     
Start the flash-flatfish.sh procedure.

--- Image files checking ---
Good, image files are in position now.

--- Check to see if the adb works properly (for Android 4.2 and above) ---
'adb' works fine.

--- Check to see if the flatfish device is ready ---
Oh, the flatfish device is not there, or is not turned on in a mode where 'adb' can be used.

--- Let's see if it's already in the fastboot mode ---
./flash-flatfish.sh: line 170: fastboot: command not found
Error: Fastboot mode is not detected. Check to see if the device is not turned on.
*Note: If it is powered but both 'adb' and 'fastboot' could not work, please check to see if the device has become brick. (Bug 1026963)

When I working at my Debian machin, sometimes ‘adb’ don’t detect flatfish. I
couldn’t find why this happens. Normally I wait a few days and try again.

OK, I just powered it off it by:

Press and HOLD the power key (for about 4~5 seconds)
Press and HOLD the Volume+ key (for about 2 second). Continue to hold the power button the entire time.

Now I am wondering how to flash the new image.

Actually you didn’t flash anything . it’s just that the flashboot mode doesn’t recognize your device .Try reinstalling the drivers ( that’s what i did )

I am on Kubuntu.
There are just udev rules, no drivers.

I’m in the same situation but with stable image, this happens after installing the bootloader with these instructions https://wiki.mozilla.org/FirefoxOS/TCP/Flashing_the_Flatfish_bootloader.

If you run fastboot device it keeps showing < waiting for device >, thats why flashing with the scripts fail.

In fact, I just successfully flashed this image on Win7…

Finally I flashed it with Ubuntu

Did you changed something in Ubuntu/Flatfish?

Can you say what you did? Or what is different between Ubuntu and Kbuntu other than desktop gnome vs KDe

It may be worth checking the host PC USB ports are not dropping into low power mode. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1047341

I added the udev rules for flatfish and installed the packages android-tools-adb and android-tools-fastboot