Downloading a Screenshot

If I click on the icon for Download after I have clicked on the screen image to make the screenshot, it automatically goes to my Downloads folder. However, I have my system options set so that it is supposed to ask me where I want to save the file, but it doesn’t ask me – it just sends it automatically to the Downloads folder.

However, if I look at the image in My Shots and I click on the Download icon there, it does ask me where I want to download/save it.

I would like to ask that we not be forced to go through this extra step (going to My Shots) to get it downloaded to a folder in which we want it saved after we have clicked on the image to make the screenshot. In other words, it should not automatically go to the Downloads folder.

Or perhaps we could be given the option of setting a location where we always want to screenshots to be saved. In my case, I would set it to automatically be saved to my Screenshots folder on Dropbox. My Windows 10 laptop automatically saves to Dropbox the screenshots that are made by pressing PRNT SCRN key. FF saves FF screenshots to FF’s My Shots. So, now I have to remember how a screenshot was taken in order to remember where to find it. I’d like to have FF make it simple for me by allowing me to save screenshots to Dropbox, too, without having to go through a lot of navigation to do it.

1 Like