Don't reset the review queue position when a new version is uploaded

Currently when an update to an already approved add-on is uploaded the review queue resets to the last position, there is no logical reason for this to happen.

The queue positions for add-on approval never reset when a new version is uploaded, the same behavior should extend to the update review queues as well.

That would be bug 717495 I think.

I uploaded a new version my addon, and my position wasn’t reset.

But my addon has not yet received initial review, maybe that is what is different between your case and my case?

Yes, I think that’s how it works right now - add-ons requesting review for the first time retain their position, updates on the other hand don’t. And this is a known bug, it’s merely that nobody fixed it yet.

That is correct, noitidart, as I said in the original post the queue doesn’t reset if the add-on has not yet been approved, only after it has been approved, every update you upload is reset to the end of the queue.

palant this bug has been around for 3 years? Sounds like something hard to correct so I won’t expect it to be fixed so soon.

AMO development almost stopped a while ago, and it’s only picking up again now - so there are good chances that these ancient bugs will finally be fixed.