Does not work / Question about privacy

The feature sounds great but it doesn’t work on my system (Linux Mint, FF 49.0). I’m using some add-ons, so one of them might be the cause. Disabeling of the usual suspect (NoScript) didn’t help. When i take a screenshot and click on ‘save’ it forwards to a page like
https://pageshot.net/SOME_ID/testpilot.firefox.com
and then after some delay a popup opens:
"Page Shot is out of order.Your shot was not saved.We apologize for the inconvenience. Try again soon."
Any idea?

Another thing that would keep me from using it is privacy - are there any details available about the privacy policy?

I’m not sure what the problem is. Can you check your Browser Console to see if there’s any errors?

We do have a privacy policy, though it may not address your specific concerns about this service, as the policy is fairly generic. We do treat shots as private, and we (as operators of the service) cannot view the shots unless we are authorized (by you giving us a link to your shot). There’s no place where shots are published automatically (there’s nothing like the imgur front page).

1 Like

Hi,
i did check the console but there was nothing obviously wrong. Finally it is working now after disabeling the No-Script and cookie destructor add-ons, then restarting FF and then re-enabling the add-ons. Now I’M looking forward testing the nice screenshot feature.

Thank you for the link about the privacy policy - I think Mozilla is one of the trustworthy companies :slight_smile:

The cookie destructor add-on will definitely cause a problem. We think in the next release (coming out this week) that we’ve worked around the problem it causes.