Did GPS work for anyone?

What does it mean in device specs GPS/AGPS ?

How can there be an assisted GPS when there is no 3G slot ? Well the applications simply use the wifi network and finds out where my ISP is and redirects to the place as my location.

I thought maybe keeping it out without the screen turned off would work but it didnt . I had clear visiblity of sky and I did get GPS fix on other devices but not this one.

there’s no GPS in this specific model because it has no 3G slot but the OS is made for different models and i believe some will have a SIM card and a GPS ship

Ahh ok so there is really no GPS . The device specs are wrong ?

Hmmm… Let me verify it. Pinging @asa as well.

Does anyone know how to get a device list from a firefox os phone/tablet ?

In Linux shells we have programs like lspci , lshw etc

If you connect the device to a computer with adb installed you can use “adb shell” from a terminal to get a root shell on the tablet, but there’s no equivalent to lshw on it that I know of. lsmod works. busybox lspci would show PCI devices if there were any.

I think there’s a way to show device capabilities through a web app, not sure which one off the top of my head.

lsmod would only show the loaded kernel modules and I guess yeah thats some kind of info . What did you mean by busybox lspci . Is busybox available ?

It’s using busybox like most embedded systems but it seems there’s no symlink for lspci and some other commands so they have to be run with “busybox command”

If there’s a WebAPI for GPS checking for hardware capabilities through that might make more sense, but I’m not really familiar with that.

I’m actually not sure. I just took the specs from the manufacturer.

Tried GPS and it work’s. Flatfish gets position faster than Geeksphone Peak.

I would suggest you to use Calibrate GPS for testing.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up for Calibrate GPS

Wow thats a welcome note , I was thinking probably because screen keeps going into screensaver mode fast its not getting GPS coordinates. I remember trying calibrate GPS , lemme try again. :innocent:

Hurray it works :joy: in less than 2 minutes , it was a clear sky

2 Likes