Designing Human-Centered AI products

This session is facilitated by Mary Wangari

Show on schedule

About this session

The session will start with a 10 mins presentation and then attendees will be split into smaller groups of 4-5 people. We will then have a 30 mins Makerthon that will be derived from various (How might we’s - HMW). The session will be fun and interactive with lots of creative materials to play around with while designing products.

Goals of this session

My background is in Design research and am hoping by the end of the session, the attendees are able to understand how to use human-centered to understand the most important decisions they can make when building AI products i.e Who are the users? What are their values? Which problem should you solve for them? How will you solve that problem? How will you know when the experience is “done”? I also hope that by the end of the session, attendees are able to come up with products that they can take with them back home to continue building on the ideas. My hope is that through sharing our knowledge we are all able to contribute to the larger goal of making the internet healthy.