Contributor Recognition Form for about:Mozilla newsletter

Hey all!

This is copy/pasted from Yammer, but FYI:

Hey Mozillians!

The about:mozilla newsletter is back! I’ll be broadcasting various opportunities to contribute to it over the next few weeks, but for right now, I want to encourage everyone to get rolling with some recognition opportunities!

Do you know an awesome contributor?
Does that contributor want to be interviewed or profiled for the newsletter?

Go ahead and nominate someone here using this short form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Qn3FCDH0Q3QjrsWlRxF7ql9RgEkYpIx9Q6Qg8r-h6Yg/viewform

The about:Mozilla community newsletter will go out every two weeks and feature timely contribution activities, contributor profiles, news, games, and more!

I’ll be posting more opportunities for Mozillians in the next few weeks, but I am so excited to be driving this project and seeing all of the creative content that the community creates!

Do you have an idea for a newsletter feature? Reach out to me or share on this thread!

1 Like

The link seems to be broken.

Strange! Edited the post and should work now…

@jennierose great to see this returning :smiley:

Some questions:

• Do you have a list of stuff we should expect from this newsletter?
  • Is there a defined way for functional areas and communities to help populate each issue with relevant news from them?
  • Is this going to be just a newsletter or also a blog post somewhere? (+1 to also blog post)

Hi @nukeador!

1. The newsletter is a refresh of the old about:Mozilla (you can find it in the community blog). It focuses on timely contribution activities, events, featured contributors, and an overview of what people are doing and what they can do for the Mozilla community.
  2. That’s a great question! There is a form to submit timely contribution activities, but I haven’t made a form to submit community-specific activities. Would that be helpful? For right now, you can just email me: jhalperin at mozilla dot com
  3. This should also be going on the Mozilla community blog.

Does that answer your questions?

[quote=“jennierose, post:5, topic:271”]
The newsletter is a refresh of the old about:Mozilla (you can find it in the community blog). It focuses on timely contribution activities, events, featured contributors, and an overview of what people are doing and what they can do for the Mozilla community.[/quote]

It would be great if that also includes some high level updates on what’s going on with some projects. Some of these things are announced on Monday Meetings but not everyone is able to attend/read them every week

I think this should be a great opportunity to give local communities more visibility. I don’t know what’s you difference here between “contribution activities” and “community-specific activities”, aren’t them the same?

And yes, an easy form for submitting activities would be great. You can also work with Reps and get information from Reps portal about latest events and featured activities.

@nukeador do you post events to the reps calendar? That’s where we’ll be grabbing local events from.

We talked about it at Grow, and I think if there’s a community-specific activity that’s time bounded (like last minute localization) vs a top-level contribution activity (like testing Australis, for example,) you should either use the form that’s going around or just shoot me a quick email. :smile:

As for giving local communities more visibility, I totally agree and would like to feature local events and communities in every newsletter. What that will look like is still being figured out, but I look forward to featuring local communities in the next issue. Please be in touch!

Yes, and Reps portal is also a good source to get “The rep of the month” and also get activities reps report on their profiles. The problem with the later is that there is currently no way to get “featured” activities.

/cc @rosana @williamr

1 Like