Client.py Error - No Module names _model

Hi All,

I am able to run the ./deepspeech command to run inference, but when I try to run client.py I get the below error. It looks like I will have to use Swig to genetate the _XXXX.so file but I dont know how to. Can some one please help me? Is there a step that I missed that the model .so is not generated on my system?

$ python ./client.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./client.py”, line 10, in
from deepspeech.model import Model
File “/home/sawan/tmp/deepspeech-venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deepspeech/model.py”, line 21, in
_model = swig_import_helper()
File “/home/sawan/tmp/deepspeech-venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deepspeech/model.py”, line 20, in swig_import_helper
return importlib.import_module(’_model’)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/init.py”, line 37, in import_module
import(name)
ImportError: No module named _model

I tried updating swig to the latets version. Now the error I get is below. It is looking for libcudnn.so.5. I have libcudnn.so.6 in my /usr/local/cuda-8.0/lib64 directory. Not sure why client.py is looking for libcudnn.so.5.

$ python ./client.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./client.py”, line 10, in
from deepspeech.model import Model
File “/home/sawan/tmp/deepspeech-venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deepspeech/model.py”, line 21, in
_model = swig_import_helper()
File “/home/sawan/tmp/deepspeech-venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deepspeech/model.py”, line 20, in swig_import_helper
return importlib.import_module(’_model’)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/init.py”, line 37, in import_module
import(name)
ImportError: libcudnn.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What are you trying to achieve ? If you want to use the Python bindings, please follow the documentation (README.md and native_client/README.md).