Can't Upload New WebExtensions Version

I have an existing add-on that I developed a few years ago using the SDK (package.json, etc.). I rewrote the add-on using WebExtensions (manifest.json, etc.). I tested the new version successfully and everything worked fine. When I went to AMO to upload the new version, ‘All Platforms’ was checked by default, and I could check and uncheck that box or the boxes next to any of the other platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, etc.). I selected a file to upload and eventually was shown a message informing me that the file was uploaded and validated successfully with 0 errors. However, all of the Platform checkboxes got automatically unchecked after the file upload, and furthermore, they were all disabled. If I click the ‘Add Version’ button on that form to continue, I just get an error message telling me ‘Need at least one platform.’ Since I can’t check any of the Platform checkboxes because they are now disabled, I can’t continue. As a test, I went ahead and selected my older version’s file to upload (the version that was developed using the SDK), and I didn’t experience the unchecking and disabling of the Platform checkboxes. So not sure what’s going on with the WebExtensions version. Has anyone else experienced this using WebExtensions?

Sounds like a bug on AMO, and apparently it was already filed here (or at least it’s a similar bug).

1 Like

Thank you, Jorge!

Update: I removed the ‘applications’ key from the manifest.json file and was able to successfully upload the package without experiencing the unchecking/disabling of the Platform checkboxes. Since FF48 was just released today, I guess this is an acceptable workaround, seeing as how FF48 no longer requires the applications key in the manifest.json file.