Can I add add-on ID later

Looking at the documentation about manifest.json and add-on ID, I haven’t found an information, what to do if I want to add an ID later. Can I first submit the add-on to AMO without any ID and if needed later, add any like for a new add-on, or do I need to use some ID, that would be automatically generated by AMO during the first upload?

I need to use some ID, that would be automatically generated by AMO during the first upload?

I guess this is the current situation. I also hope that the UUID is changeable after uploaded to AMO, but not.

The ID is generated by AMO on first upload and can’t be changed later on (at least not without losing the users of the first ID).

Is there a reason why you would submit first without an ID?

Google complains about the “applications” part of manifest.json, so if I do not need the API relating on it, it may be easier without maintaining two basically identical manifests with some custom buildscript. Maybe web-ext could have an option to take manifest with “applications” and generate a copy without when packaging for Chrome?

You get an error, but it doesn’t stop the addon working, in my experience.