Bugzilla and "fixed-but-not-available" bugs

Sometimes, something is fixed but is not actually ready for use. These are usually either disabled by default or even “nightly only”. It would be helpful if those states were flagged in some way when reading bugs.

I’d like to see something done to help with this situation.

One proposal I saw in IRC was to change “status-firefoxNN” flag so that instead of just being set to “fixed”, it could be set to, say, “disabled”, meaning “the code is there but disabled by default”. Or maybe nightly-only and disabled keywords. Something.

Thoughts?

Sheppy

1 Like

Yeah, I think something like this would be helpful. It is often the case that it is very hard to figure out exactly where something is enabled or disabled without asking the engineers. Often such things get flagged in their review of the docs.

I’ve talked briefly to Emma about this, and have added some information about our needs to the planning doc for the feature tracking work Emma she and others are working on.

Sheppy

Thanks Sheppy, that’s cool.

OT, I guess, but my #1 wish for DDN bugs is that they contain a prominent link to the specification they are implementing.

1 Like