Best source to find Firefox addon developers for hire?

I am looking to hire a developer for a small job and was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

Any javascript developer can do it. It’s the same API as Chrome, Opera, Edge extensions, because of the shift to WebExtensions.

So when doing my search, the required skill would be proficient in javascript? I know a chrome extension developer, so he would be able to do fire fox addon?

Thank you for replying. Much appreciated.

The Chrome dev would be perfect. It’s the exact same now. Slight differences. This polyfill will help him out a lot:

All it does is turn callback style into promises so he can even reuse the chrome stuff he is used to in a Firefox env.

The polyfill doesn’t work on Edge yet, if he needs that let me know I can share what I did. (actually i havent checked in the last ~4 months if polyfill works in Edge, it might now)

Thanks again!

You seem to be an expert in this field.

Any interest in a small gig where I just need a couple custom feature on an add on?

Also I have another question that I hope you had the answer to hopefully :slight_smile:

Regarding ‘scripts’/chrome extension.

I am not an expert or know to much about how too make an extension. I understand there is a lot of coding involved and stuff involving manifest.json and sometimes involve github I believe.

I recently hired a chrome developer but I was a little paranoid because of some of his practices and it made me suspect that he may be putting malicious codes or logging things I would not want to be.

Is it there a website to scan for such malicious codes or would you need to be an expert in programming to look over it yourself?

Also is it possible for the developer to edit the codes after he has given me the final zip folder after I install it? Like can he access it somehow and change the code to make it not work?

I ask this because there is a similar add-on on firefox that works fine on this designated website and has been unupdated, but on chrome my script suddenly stops working a couple months later which I fear might be the developer messing with the codes. He says that it is because the website changed their visual/display on the site which caused it not to work.

Is that somewhat true and really could be prevented by better coding since the firefox one works fine even after all those visual changes?

I understand that this is way off topic, but I feel that you are my only hope and are knowledgeable to help me/ :slight_smile:

Please if you can answer any of these it would mean so much to me!

Much appreciation.

If your addon is hosted on addons.mozilla.org, some automated scanning is done. It’s not completely comprehensive. Your best bet is to hire another developer (independent of the author) to do a review.

If it’s hosted on addons.mozilla.org and he has the login for the account tied to the addon, then yes. Otherwise (if it’s hosted on AMO), no.