AMO approved add-on fails to install

Hi,

I am new to Firefox extension community.

I have an add-on uploaded and approved AMO.

But, when I try to install the add-on, I get the following error.

I am using Firefox 61.0.2(64-bit) on Mac.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 4.01.14 PM.png

Welcome!

1. Please try to install the extension in a clean profile (start Forefox with -no-remote -p CLI arguments, create a profile and launch it).
  2. If you have a local (unpacked/signed/whatever) version of the extension installed, remove that, restart Firefox, try again.

Not sure whether I may open Firefox on Mac with arguments from the command line.

I don’t use MacOS, but AFAIK there is a search thing where you can type and it autocompletes to launch programs. I’d expect that you can add arguments (after a space) there.

It is not that simple. Is there anyone else there who knows more of this issue on Mac Firefox?

Even after clean install of Firefox, I have the same problem. It is not the local issue. It is how AMO is saying it approves an add-on but it corrupts the resulting xpi file.

Yep. It’s indeed “corrupt”.

You can’t throw custom stuff into the manifests application.gecko object!

The Add-on Linter on AMO should have caught and rejected this.

Also, you should consider SVG icons (or at least compressing your PNGs and naming them consistently).

And I am surprised you got something with https://ssl.google-analytics.com in the CSP listed (even flagged as experimental).

On firefox, you can’t have analytics that are enabled by default, and you can’t execute remote code in the background page.