Adobe PDF Plug-in for Firefox, can't update

Hi,
Running MS vista Japanese OS here & today, my Virus Security (from SourceNext.com) warned me I needed to update my Adobe Reader among others due to recent security vulnerability found.
I was able to check Firefox plug-ins and updated my Javas, Quick-Time, Silverlight, no problems. Then went to Adobe site to download latest updated versions of Flash Player, Adobe Acrobat no problem.

However, when I went back to run Firefox plug-in check, Adobe Reader’s PDF plug-in still shows “need update” (tells me I need latest version10.1.4.38, tho I think that’s what I installed already from Adobe)
I keep clicking to “update”, but it won’t. When I opened add-on Manager, there is red warning message by my Adobe Acrobat (it says 10.1.4) and says it’s “unsafe” and need immediate update.

Now when I click “update now” from add-on manager, link takes me to mozilla’s add-on blocklist page https://blocklist.addons.mozilla.org/ja/firefox/blocked/p158
and this Japanese message shows:
ユーザを保護するため Adobe Reader 10.0 to 10.1.5.* はブロックされています。
(Adobe reader 10.0 to 10.1.5* blocked to protect users)

So should I be just ignoring this update for now? Will this cause some problem with my Reader while using Firefox? Is anyone else encountering similar problems??

• I know there was a message somewhere I read today during this task that Adobe found vulnerability on April 8th & updating something, either Flash or Acrobat or something other. (since I’m running Japanese version OS and installs, is there a delay to update compared with English version?

Adobe should update equally for all languages. Have you tried going to Adobe yourself and tried to install the latest version of the plugin? Also, have you tried restarting Firefox? Sometimes the plugin doesn’t appear to be updated until you restart.