Addon "placeholder" in bookmarks

Hi,
I’am kind of new to the add-on development. I have an idea or need for an addon and I searched the last hour how to go about it… and did not find it.
I am working as a webdeveloper and I am using one cms for all of my sites. So basically I have to click the same things/urls/hrefs everyday all the time…
What I would wan’t is to have some bookmarks like:
/backend/articles.html, or
/backend/extensions.html.
And then would be replaced by the host adress of the page in the active tab.

So it would be good to have some kind of click event for bookmarks. I thought this is easy, but it seems that is it not. I don’t know, does anybody has an idea how to do it, or how to go about to get it to work.

So what you want are bookmarks which have a relative (or page-absolute) path, instead on a fully qualified URL?

This is a cool idea. Niche need though. Shouldn’t be hard to make. From what I’ve seen, I don’t think you can do this from the WebExtensions yet:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/bookmarks

They don’t seem to have a on bookmark clicked thing.

Here is some brainstorming for a “right now” WebExtension possibility though:
Make your WebExtension load a custom page. You bookmark this custom page. Whenever this custom page loads, it checks the URL of the previous site in the history. And then uses it’s domain. This way will probably work with WebExtensions.