Adding Functional Area contacts list to ReMo wiki

Hi everyone,

Another idea I wanted to throw out there. can we have a page within the ReMo wiki that consists of the following:

• a list of functional areas,
  • a description of what each functional area is,
  • a list of their goals for the year,
  • and a specific individual (paid or volunteer staff) whom a Rep or the Council can contact about planning an event for that functional area?

I’m that “specific individual” for the l10n functional area. There have been many times where I’ve either been brought into the discussion for an event budget too late or not at all because the Rep didn’t know that I was available to help or supposed to be involved. I’ve also seen bugs where a Rep is unaware of what a Mozilla functional area is or under which specific functional area their event should be classified. With the new update to Budget SOPs aiming to focus on ensuring that events are contributing directly to functional area goals, it would be extremely helpful to the SOP to have this information readily accessible to all Reps.

I look forward to any thoughts on the matter.

Thanks,
Jeff

6 Likes

Very good idea :+1: It will be helpful for all of us.
+1

And also if there are specific Goals for that functional Area in 2016, even adding that will be very helpful to have good focus.

Good Idea :+1:

My question here would be: Why on a ReMo subpage? I’m pretty sure this would be valuable for other parts of the organization as well. What do you think?