Add-on icon for FavIcon Reloader not showing anywhere

Hi

Problem:
I decided to check Firefox again after not using it for a while. Problem I have is when I exported my bookmarks, their favicons are gone. So I thought “no problem”, there must be an add-on for that. So I looked up and found these two add-ons:

FavIcon Reloader - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/faviconreloader/
Favicon Restorer - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/favicon-restorer/

Installation went through, I restarted FF. And here is my problem. I can’t use add-ons because there is no icon on my interface. Same issue with both add-ons.

Solutions I already did:

• First thing I tried was to go in menu, hit add-ons to make sure both are enabled. They are and they don’t show any errors.
  • Second thing I did was to hit menu and customize, to check if I have to add add-on buttons. Both were not there.
  • Third thing was to reinstall both add-ons. Did that, still nothing. Both are on list, with FavIcon Reloader I can hit option in add-on list and that shows up. But I can’t use it through options.
  • Fourth thing I did was to completely reset all settings via troubleshooting. Did not help.
  • Also I did try both x86 and x64(from FTP) versions.
  • I also tried to disable and enable both add-ons again. Restarting FF on both steps.
  • FF is on latest version, downloaded today. Both add-ons are on latest version, installed today. Both also claim to be compatible with FF 42 and had no warning about not working on my version.
  • Also I use default theme and no persionas.

Other add-ons I use:
Speed Dial [FVD]
StumbleUpon
To Google Translate
uBlock Origin

Disabling above add-ons does not help.

So I dunno what else I could do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Since neither of them have been updated in many years, it’s possible that none of them work. If you’re following the instructions in the add-on page and nothing happens, then it’s likely the add-on is broken now.

Unfortunately Mozilla has depreciated the old forums without notification to the thread holders.

As developer of the FaviconReloader AddOn:
This Addon will be obsolete with the depreciation of XUL and the primitive support of lower level API/SDK to the places section in electrolysis.

Perhaps when mozilla will increase support of setting FavIcons this AddOn will be updated.

For now please use the context menu to use FavIconReloader.