Add-on failing pre-signing verification because of files in resources/addon-sdk?

I have a self-hosted add-on. Validation fails when I run jpm sign. As far as I can tell, all the errors, warnings, and notices are caused by files in the Add-on SDK (list of problems below). Am I interpreting the report correctly? If so, did I miss a step? Am I supposed to remove those files before I run jpm xpi? Thanks for your help.

The report provides the following reasons for failure:

1. Flagged file type found. Listed file: resources/addon-sdk/bin/cfx
  2. Flagged file type found Listed file: resources/addon-sdk/bin/integration-scripts/buildbot-run-cfx-helper
  3. Flagged file type found Listed file: resources/addon-sdk/bin/integration-scripts/integration-check
  4. Missing updateURL element Listed file: resources/addon-sdk/test/fixtures/addon-install-unit-test@mozilla.com.xpi/install.rdf
  5. Invalid minimum version number Listed file: resources/addon-sdk/test/fixtures/addon-install-unit-test@mozilla.com.xpi/install.rdf
  6. Invalid minimum version number Listed file: resources/addon-sdk/test/fixtures/addon-install-unit-test@mozilla.com.xpi/install.rdf

I you are using jpm, none of the mentioned files should be included in your add-on. jpm does not use the resources folder anymore.
Is your add-on source publicly available? Which steps did you do to generate the add-on XPI file?

Thanks for the response. Some context might be helpful based on what you have said. The add-on is a few years old. We used to use cfx to build it. This will be the first time we are releasing an update using jpm instead.

I generated the xpi with jpm xpi. The add-on source is not publicly available, but this is the general file structure:

|--data
|  |--(main source here)
|--defaults
|  |--preferences
|  |  |--prefs.js
|--lib
|  |--(JS libs)
|--resources
|  |--addon-sdk
|  |--as-ff
|--package.json
|--icon.png
|--{id}.update.rdf
|--{id}.xpi

Does that help at all? Thanks again for your assistance.

You should cleanup your folders and files to remove the ones that were generated by cfx/jpm and then cleanly repack your add-on.

That did it! Thank you.

Just to double check, I don’t need the resources dir anymore including all of the stuff that was in resources/addon-sdk?

It might or might not be as easy as that.
A proper description about how to migrate from cfx to jpm can be found on

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/SDK/Tools/cfx_to_jpm