Add context menu item to bookmarks

Hi guys,

I have a SDK extension and I’d like to add a context menu item to bookmarks, for example the ones I can see at bookmarks toolbar.

There is this context-menu API, however between many contexts I can apply it to, I can’t find anything related to bookmarks/toolbar.

Do you guys have any idea how can I achieve it using SDK? Or perhaps I should be thinking about wrtiting extension in other framework if I need this functionality?

If something doesn’t make sense, please let me know! I’m just starting with Firefox Extensions so I’m aware I might have some lack of understanding. Always happy to be corrected.

Thank you!

If you want to add content menu items to the bookmarks toolbar, then you’ll probably be better off not using the SDK. You can read about your options here. I don’t know if such an add-on will work long-term, since we’re moving to a new add-ons API and I’m not sure if this will be supported.

Are there reasons not to support it?
Context-menu items are great for small addons that just add some extra functionality on top of existing features.
It’s certainly something I found missing from the SDK when I needed my own context-menu.

At least for the SDK, I think the designers were avoiding most UI injections from add-ons in order to make them simpler and more predictable. WebExtensions are meant to be a better replacement to XUL add-ons, but they will also have a limited API, so it could go either way.