Access needed to emails being sent to now deleted email address: adeschamps@mozilla.com

Hello,

I was an intern for Mozilla Corporation during the summer of 2018. I am getting monthly recurring charges for AWS of $10. I had no idea what the charges were for, so I inquired with AWS support and I was told that they are for the account associated with the email address "adeschamps@mozilla.com", which is the email address I had when working at Mozilla. I may have created an AWS account with that email address and started some non-free service, but I do not remember doing so.

I asked AWS support to stop the charges going forward but they told me that this cannot be done without access to the email and, thus, that I would have to contact the IT administrator at Mozilla. Hence, this email is a request for help with stopping the charges. If someone could set up emails going to "adeschamps@mozilla.com" to be sent to "descalexis@gmail.com" temporarily, that would be great. However, feel free to suggest another solution.

Please let me know if you need any other information. Thank you!

Alexis Deschamps