Pontoon Homepage Redesign - UX

• The “Why should I join Mozilla localization?” I have put cursor and text-decoration as well to make it look like a link to other section. But it is actually an inspiration from some website so what I think is that main focus has to be on the primary CTAs that’s why its appearance is like a question just for the users who are interested in knowing more.
  • I am a little clueless with the background colours because as for Pontoon we don’t use many colours in the rest of the tool. It leaves me with a small set so the white background was the only fitting option for me as a background which looks neat with our content. I am still searching for suitable replacements.
  • Yes I checked it in the horizontal screens so the pagination dots were not overlapping, I completely forgot to check for vertical screens. It goes back to cover 960px in case of 1080x1920 screens and that’s why the CSS is actually messing it up. I will fix that. And same with the fonts.

Probably, I am not sure. I need to ask @mathjazz regarding the localization of this page.

Yup, we should make the site localizable. Not right now, but it the future.

I like that kind of a link to the next slide. DuckDuckGo does it too on their homepage.

Could we add something about joining a local community for your language to introduce yourself and get some general feedback on your contributions? It seems really important for onboarding and retaining new contributors.

The way to reach out to the community may differ case by case. The INFO subpage is the best place to have this information I think.

1 Like