Fairphone 2 build

You are comparing two different things. The MD5 checksum 14351800dc7c3896b060f1033c65aebc is being used by the script itself.

The content of blob-shasums is a SHA1.

1 Like

Hi
Thank you for that correction. Im now able to get a .OK statement in the start of the download of the blobs.
Allthrough the MD5 error is still present.

To me its not clear why the MD5 checksum doesn’t match. I found the second number: 1435… inside the blobfile when i decompressed it…

but why does the calculated checksum not match with the checksum inside the file?
I calculated with terminal:

Can somebody give a answer to that mystery?
It worked until about 11 days ago when i built my last B2G Tests, as you can see in the top of this post…
Regards, Novski

This script is unrelated to B2G, we cannot help you. Please make sure you have no problem with your internet connection, try to download by hand from a browser, and/or ask FP2 people.

Ok what i we found to be the problem may be of interrest for other OSX builds as well.
It seams like osx calculates the checksum differently then linux does. Its been compared to ubuntu and freeBSD as well and it differs slightly.
Find the discussion on fairphone forum tread: https://forum.fairphone.com/t/blobs-md5-checksum-doenst-match/18107/7
So if the makeself of the blob is checking md5 checksum it will not work to build on osx…

Maybe somebody here has the skills to solve such a problem somehow, otherwise i have to stick to my Ubuntu VM, heating my machine like a stove :sweat_smile:
Regards, Novski

That’s an upstream issue, we really cannot afford spending time on fixing this right now :/. Not to mention it’s well known building B2G on OSX might fail.

hi, i added the informaiton i experienced with osx and fairphone2 blobs to the mdn and desided to go back to ubuntu in a VM. Therefor i installed a latest 16.4 LTS with the mdn prerequisite as guide, but ran in to a package that doesn’t whant to install… its this one:
zlib1g-dev:i386
I don’t find any informaiton about that package.

Does anybody have a 16.4 installed and is able to try “sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev:i386” ?

I have no problem to go with a 14.4 but, i wold like to correct the mdn, it might beware others running in to the same…
Thanks, Novski

Are you sure dpkg has been configured properly? It should make use of multiarch.

i followed this: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/B2G_OS/B2G_OS_build_prerequisites
at ubuntu 16.4.

Ubuntu 16.04

First, run the following commands to set the required architectures:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo dpkg --add-architecture amd64

Then, run the following command in Terminal:

sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends autoconf2.13 bison bzip2 ccache curl flex gawk gcc g++ g+±multilib git lib32ncurses5-dev lib32z1-dev libgconf2-dev zlib1g:amd64 zlib1g-dev:amd64 zlib1g:i386 zlib1g-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev libx11-dev make zip lzop libxml2-utils openjdk-8-jdk nodejs unzip python

so I installed without that package zlib1g-dev:i386

and then tryed to execute separate:

root@ubuntu:~/B2G# apt-get install zlib1g-dev:i386
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/167 kB of archives.
After this operation, 403 kB of additional disk space will be used.
(Reading database … 215243 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/zlib1g-dev_1%3a1.2.8.dfsg-2ubuntu4_i386.deb …
Unpacking zlib1g-dev:i386 (1:1.2.8.dfsg-2ubuntu4) …
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/zlib1g-dev_1%3a1.2.8.dfsg-2ubuntu4_i386.deb (–unpack):
trying to overwrite ‘/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/zconf.h’, which is also in package lib32z1-dev 1:1.2.8.dfsg-2ubuntu4
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.5-1) …
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/zlib1g-dev_1%3a1.2.8.dfsg-2ubuntu4_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Regards, Novski

Well obviously this multiarch package is broken on 16.04 but 14.04 LTS is still the one recommended as far as I can tell :-/

Mozilla Discourse a écrit :

NovskiIvan Hörler

May 29

i followed this: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/B2G_OS/B2G_OS_build_prerequisites

at ubuntu 16.4.

Ubuntu 16.04

First, run the following commands to set the required architectures:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

sudo dpkg --add-architecture amd64

Then, run the following command in Terminal:

sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends autoconf2.13 bison bzip2 ccache curl flex gawk gcc g++ g++-multilib git lib32ncurses5-dev lib32z1-dev libgconf2-dev zlib1g:amd64 zlib1g-dev:amd64 zlib1g:i386 zlib1g-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev libx11-dev make zip lzop libxml2-utils openjdk-8-jdk nodejs unzip python

so I installed without that package zlib1g-dev:i386

and then tryed to execute separate:

root@ubuntu:~/B2G# apt-get install zlib1g-dev:i386

Reading package lists… Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information… Done

The following NEW packages will be installed:

0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

Need to get 0 B/167 kB of archives.

After this operation, 403 kB of additional disk space will be used.

(Reading database … 215243 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to unpack …/zlib1g-dev_1%3a1.2.8.dfsg-2ubuntu4_i386.deb …

Unpacking zlib1g-dev:i386 (1:1.2.8.dfsg-2ubuntu4) …

dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/zlib1g-dev_1%3a1.2.8.dfsg-2ubuntu4_i386.deb (–unpack):

trying to overwrite ‘/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/zconf.h’, which is also in package lib32z1-dev 1:1.2.8.dfsg-2ubuntu4

Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.5-1) …

Errors were encountered while processing:

/var/cache/apt/archives/zlib1g-dev_1%3a1.2.8.dfsg-2ubuntu4_i386.deb

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Regards, Novski

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond

Previous Replies

lissyx

May 29

Are you sure dpkg has been configured properly? It should make use of multiarch.

To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences

Envoyé depuis Firefox OS

ok. :grin: back to the stable side of life. Thank you! :beers: cheers, novski

Hi @Novski :slightly_smiling:

Any update here ?
Do you want any help ?

Also, if you have news/question from the Fairphone community, feel free to share them :wink:

Hi Lapineige
Im still stuck with the white layer on top of menues… I made a new build environement in a fresh vm yesterday and build a pine-kanikani from scratch but still its not solved. So if you have me the code snipets to fetch those updated files i wold apreciate…
Thanks, Novski

You mean the git commands to apply the patches ?

yes, yes if possible i wold realy apreciate… :grin:

As a general hint, you should learn how to use git, it’s always something useful :wink:
Here are some useful links:
https://rogerdudler.github.io/git-guide/

A basic thing when you have .patch files, to apply them, is to use git am YourPatchName.patch.

Hi i think its time to spend some more investigation in this.
I wold realy like to get FP2 available over b2g-installer so my plan was to build first a blobfull image and test it. Then create the blobfree build and test that. Both didn’t work since the first time when i found the white layer, and i don’t understand where the leak/break is.
So im searchig for help in terms of guiding me through the code.

What i have done until now is:

​$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386sudo dpkg --add-architecture amd64sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends autoconf2.13 bison bzip2 ccache curl flex gawk gcc g++ g++-multilib git lib32ncurses5-dev lib32z1-dev libgconf2-dev zlib1g:amd64 zlib1g-dev:amd64 zlib1g:i386 zlib1g-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev libx11-dev make zip lzop libxml2-utils openjdk-7-jdk nodejs unzip python

$ ccache -M 50G

$ ​git clone git://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2G.git && cd B2G $ hg clone https://hg.mozilla.org/projects/pine/ pine $ ./config.sh fairphone2

​$ vim .repo/manifests/base.xml
changed this line:
​<project name="gaia" path="gaia" remote="mozillaorg" revision="kanikani" /> $ cd gaia $ git reset --hard mozillaorg/kanikani $ cd ..
$​ vim .userconfig
Pasted this to the file:
​export B2G_DIR=${B2G_DIR:-$(cd $(dirname $0); pwd)} echo "B2G_DIR = ${B2G_DIR}" export GECKO_PATH=${B2G_DIR}/pine echo "GECKO_PATH = ${GECKO_PATH}"

​./build.sh
​./flash.sh
It runns through smothly but the phone doesn’t boot to gecko. It seams to loop in the FP2 specific “loading…” page befor the lockscreen should apear.

So there are 2 questions:

1. how can i apply the needed patches from.
    ( i know now that its < git am > but i asume it needs a url or a Bug nr. that i can’t find out how to make it work… )
  2. What can prevent it from not booting? That may be related to point 1… :grin:

By the way those Tutorials don’t go in to patching. But i did learn some usefull things…

Thanks for a update.
Novski

@atilag maybe you can help?

I now tried something else. Masterbranch
fails at wlan.o
i found some wlan code in fairphone2.xml but im not sure how its related and if…

CC [M]  ../vendor/qcom/opensource/wlan/prima/CORE/WDI/WPAL/src/wlan_qct_pal_trace.o
  LD [M]  ../vendor/qcom/opensource/wlan/prima/wlan.o
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1 modules
  CC      ../vendor/qcom/opensource/wlan/prima/wlan.mod.o
  LD [M]  ../vendor/qcom/opensource/wlan/prima/wlan.ko
make[1]: Verzeichnis »/home/novski/B2G/kernel« wird verlassen
mv -f out/target/product/FP2/obj/vendor/qcom/opensource/wlan/prima/wlan.ko out/target/product/FP2/obj/vendor/qcom/opensource/wlan/prima/pronto_wlan.ko
Install: out/target/product/FP2/system/lib/modules/pronto/pronto_wlan.ko
libdb_sqlite3_src.a.desc
make[4]: *** [compile] Fehler 2
make[3]: *** [default] Fehler 2
make[2]: *** [realbuild] Fehler 2
make[1]: *** [build] Fehler 2
make: *** [out/target/product/FP2/obj/DATA/gecko_intermediates/gecko] Fehler 2

real    9m21.450s
user    23m17.588s
sys    3m42.012s

> Build failed! <

Manifest config:

< manifest >

<!--
    Remotes
    -->

< remote name="aosp" fetch="https://android.googlesource.com/" />
  < remote name="apitrace" fetch="git://github.com/apitrace/" />
  < remote name="b2g" fetch="git://github.com/mozilla-b2g/" />
  < remote name="b2gmozilla" fetch="https://git.mozilla.org/b2g" />
  < remote name="caf" fetch="git://codeaurora.org/" />
  < remote name="linaro" fetch="http://android.git.linaro.org/git-ro/" />
  < remote name="mozilla" fetch="git://github.com/mozilla/" />
  < remote name="mozillaorg" fetch="https://git.mozilla.org/releases" />

< !--
    B2G repositories for all targets
    -->

< project name="gaia" path="gaia" remote="mozillaorg" revision="master" />
  < project name="gecko" path="gecko" remote="mozillaorg" revision="master" />
  < project name="gonk-misc" path="gonk-misc" remote="b2g" revision="master" />
  < project name="moztt" path="external/moztt" remote="b2g" revision="master"/>
  < project name="platform_hardware_libhardware_moz" path="hardware/libhardware_moz" remote="b2g" revision="master"/>
  < project name="platform_system_libfdio" path="system/libfdio" remote="b2g" revision="master"/>
  < project name="platform_system_libpdu" path="system/libpdu" remote="b2g" revision="master"/>
  < project name="platform_system_sensorsd" path="system/sensorsd" remote="b2g" revision="master"/>

< /manifest>

Any idea for that as well as the post above?

The failure is during gecko build. You should do as suggested and
./build.sh -j1 to see it.

<
https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/kY0yCMmDzLJk1E96ido5ikNAHe5zh52D3YphR1X2xsrOEU-akWaRVcb05gCxw4tWSLqENnwem5Tm-NtFWoV2NCt4Wc-JGW_Dh5C7jzgcntlxIgUGOQWTDe7tfUEQonn_B38KBuLWG02k6YjYTd1RxOikuyZQHm2_UG72p17U=s0-d-e1-ft#https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/user_avatar/discourse.mozilla-community.org/novski/45/4829_1.png>
Novski Ivan Hörler
June 14

I now tried something else. Masterbranch
fails at wlan.o
i found some wlan code in fairphone2.xml but im not sure how its related
and if…

CC [M]
…/vendor/qcom/opensource/wlan/prima/CORE/WDI/WPAL/src/wlan_qct_pal_trace.o
LD [M] …/vendor/qcom/opensource/wlan/prima/wlan.o
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST 1 modules
CC …/vendor/qcom/opensource/wlan/prima/wlan.mod.o
LD [M] …/vendor/qcom/opensource/wlan/prima/wlan.ko
make[1]: Verzeichnis »/home/novski/B2G/kernel« wird verlassen
mv -f
out/target/product/FP2/obj/vendor/qcom/opensource/wlan/prima/wlan.ko
out/target/product/FP2/obj/vendor/qcom/opensource/wlan/prima/pronto_wlan.ko
Install: out/target/product/FP2/system/lib/modules/pronto/pronto_wlan.ko
libdb_sqlite3_src.a.desc
make: *** [out/target/product/FP2/obj/DATA/gecko_intermediates/gecko]
Fehler 2

real 9m21.450s
user 23m17.588s
sys 3m42.012s

Build failed! <

Any idea for that as well as the post above?

Previous Replies

<
https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/awzTLeZSQ4NoIfBlGZA3lo26kZQVVC_BjmANCNdQ4J3ntLbC3OZJIeAQFM53I2NXMRdNwx5dc_wrzQauIPOWKNBxCWTk2WOuGwsP5-7iO_OBAvvokOOWFV5k6nWiczuxCcFLpgrVlO3SS2U=s0-d-e1-ft#https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/letter_avatar_proxy/v2/letter/l/ecb155/45.png>
lissyx
June 14

@atilag maybe you can help?

To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To
unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences

this is the output of -j1:

In the directory  /home/novski/B2G/objdir-gecko/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src/common/linux
The following command failed to execute properly:
/usr/bin/ccache /usr/bin/g++ -std=gnu++11 -o host_dump_symbols.o -c -MD -MP -MF .deps/host_dump_symbols.o.pp -DNDEBUG=1 -DTRIMMED=1 -DNO_STABS_SUPPORT -O2 -g -I/home/novski/B2G/gecko/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src/common/linux -I/home/novski/B2G/objdir-gecko/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src/common/linux -I/home/novski/B2G/gecko/toolkit/crashreporter/gonk-include -I/home/novski/B2G/gecko/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src -I/home/novski/B2G/objdir-gecko/dist/include -I/home/novski/B2G/objdir-gecko/dist/include/nspr /home/novski/B2G/gecko/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src/common/linux/dump_symbols.cc
make[6]: *** [host_dump_symbols.o] Fehler 1
make[5]: *** [toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src/common/linux/host] Fehler 2
make: *** [out/target/product/FP2/obj/DATA/gecko_intermediates/gecko] Fehler 2